Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Daily Drive...




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

If one were to look at a map that shows altitude, my present home sits well above any threat of flood from the river down below, as well as any upslope disturbance the foothills receive in the winter. However, having been born in this beautiful place, I still gasp in awe when I get my morning view...




After traveling about six city blocks south from my home, I start heading west towards the mountains (like any side view mirror, believe me when I say they are much MUCH closer than they appear)....




As I get closer to my turn to the south again....



After about six more blocks south, I am westbound once more....



After jogging south once again, I turn towards the beautiful mountains one more time...




And I get closer to the bridge over the light rail track....





(One morning where there weren't any mountains on my drive in!)





Beautiful autumn from the third floor balcony at work...




Look closely for the snow capped peaks, just beyond the foothills - many peaks are over 14,000 ft above sea level...




To the warmer south...




So many hills to go down (I count at least four towards the river valley) and where are the mountains in this one?




What? Is that a rainbow? In October????!!!!!




Still amazed with the rainbow...




Is it hiding?




Nope...I can still see it from the third floor balcony...




Lucky to see a full rainbow playing hide and seek with the foothills...




3 comments:

Pam said...

Nice to share your journey.

Dragonfly Dreams said...

Thank you for checking in! I am so fortunate to live in such a beautiful state.

Linda said...

How do you get any work done with that view from your balcony?